Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Affidavits to support your New Birth Certificate

 

As discussed in this post, you will need new Computerized Birth Certificate in English from NADRA for Green Card or Permanent Residence processing in future.

If you do not have the original old birth certificate that was issued the year you were born, than you need 3 Affidavits to support your birth certificate. We are not talking about the new computerized birth certificate here, it is the original old birth certificate. For example, I born in 1979, if my original old birth certificate was issued the same year, than I don’t want any additional Affidavits to support this document. But, if my original old birth certificate was issued after 1979 than I will need to support this document with 3 additional Affidavits. However, actually, in my case I did not have any old birth certificate, so I get my new computerized birth certificate issued from NADRA. And therefore, I need 3 additional Affidavits to support this document.

These 3 additional certificates should be from

  1. Mother (or close relative), if alive
  2. Father (or close relative), if alive
  3. Close relative who was present at the time of birth

Affidavit (Mother):

affidavit mother to support new birth certificate

Affidavit (Close Relative):

affidavit relative to support new birth certificate