Wednesday, December 12, 2012

USCIS will send Approval Notice I-797B to Sponsor

 

This post is a part of series of posts that makes up “The Complete Process Trail for H-1B Work Visa”.

Once H-1B petition I-129 was approved by USCIS, an Approval Notice I-797B will be sent to the employer. Notice that I-797 has different variants, however only the ones that are highlighted below are relevant in our case.

USCIS uses numerous types of Form I-797 to communicate with customers or convey an immigration benefit. Form I-797 is NOT a form you can fill out. The chart below gives a brief description of each:

I-797, Notice of Action - Issued when an application or petition is approved.

I-797A, Notice of Action - Issued to an applicant as a replacement Form I-94.

I-797B, Notice of Action - Issued for approval of an alien worker petition.

I-797C, Notice of Action - Issued to communicate receipt of payments, rejection of applications, transfer of files, fingerprint biometric, interview and re-scheduled appointments, and re-open cases.

I-797D - Accompanies benefit cards.

I-797E, Notice of Action - Issued to request evidence.

I-797F, Transportation Letter - Issued overseas to allow applicants to travel.

Source: USCIS