Saturday, March 16, 2013

Verify H-1B Visa Stamp–Annotation–Cancelled Without Prejudice–KarachiVisaQuery@state.gov

 

This post is a part of series of posts that makes up “Post H-1B Visa Stamping Action Items”.

us-visa-sample

  • Check that your Passport Number is correct
  • Check that your name is exactly like it is mentioned in your Passport
  • Check if your Date of Birth is correct
  • Check Issue and Expiration Dates
  • VERY IMPORTANT – Check if your Employer/Sponsor Name is mentioned in the “Annotation Section”. I’ve personally experienced this problem, that my Employer/Sponsor Name was not mentioned in the “Annotation” section of the H-1B Visa. And, in fact, it was the official of Protectorate of Emigrants, Karachi, who first identify this problem and suggested me to contact US Consulate or Embassy.

If you find any discrepancies in your H-1B Visa, contact US Consulate immediately using the email address:

KarachiVisaQuery@state.gov

Always mention your full name and passport number, when writing email for US Consulate on any matters related to your H-1B Visa.

After I sent the email, I received a call from US Consulate, after 3 days and they asked me to submit my passport to American Express again and the problem will be rectified in a couple of days and that I will receive a call from American Express when my passport is ready to be collected again.

After 3 days I received a call from American Express to collect the passport. When I pick up my passport from American Express, I noticed that they have stamped a new H-1B Visa Stamp on my passport and have cancelled the older H-1B Visa Stamp which was missing the Employer/Sponsor Name and wrote “CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE” on top of the H-1B Visa Stamp. Cancelled without prejudice – means that it was not due to any fraud or fault of yours.

h-1b visa stamp on passport